The Combo T'NT Curriculum Bundle includes both the Traditional and Virtual Bundles. The Traditional T'NT curriculum is classroom based, with hard copy workbooks and lessons designed for full class period (approx. 45 mins). The Virtual T'NT curriculum is created for the remote/virtual learner, digital versions of workbook exercises, shortened lessons to accommodate shortened schedules.
T’NT is a curriculum designed by a center for independent living, in which employees with disabilities are the majority. The curriculum aims to prepare young adults (ages 16-22) with high incidence disabilities for employment, independent living, and post-secondary education. The curriculum actively engages students in a variety of topics including: job training, soft skill development, mock interviews, housing, insurance, financial literacy, and community resources.
The T’NT program consists of 16 lessons designed to be taught during a 45 to 50 minute instructional period. Each lesson engages students in active, cross curricular learning through the use of a variety of instructional methods including multimedia presentations, online inventories, hands-on activities, class discussions, mock interviews, and small group work.
One of the most successful features of the T’NT program is its ability to expand a student’s horizons, expectations, and community connections by inviting local businesses and community members into the classroom to share their personal and professional knowledge with the students.
During the 2019/2020 school year, the following outcomes were reported:
- 85% of students increased their knowledge of independent living options;
- 90% of students participated in mock interviews;
- 87% of students increased their knowledge of post-secondary education and training opportunities;
- 85% of students indicated a desire for future employment either during or post-high school.
Meet State & Federal Regulations
T’NT is uniquely designed to meet the needs and fulfill the state and/or federal requirements of a variety of audiences.
- T’NT helps public schools ensure they are successfully meeting both
Indicator 13 and Transition Plan requirements as set forth in the
- T’NT helps Centers for Independent Living (CILs) ensure they are meeting the 5th Core requirements regarding transition