T’NT is a curriculum designed by a center for independent living, in which employees with disabilities are the majority. This measurable objectives-based curriculum is designed to help young adults (ages 16–22) with high incidence disabilities advocate for themselves, explore educational opportunities, gain employment, and live independently in the community.
The curriculum actively engages students in a variety of topics including: post-secondary options, job preparation and training, soft skill development, housing, insurance, financial literacy, and mental health.
The T’NT program consists of 14 lessons designed to be taught during a 45- to 50-minute instructional period. Each lesson engages students in active, multimodal learning through the use of a variety of instructional methods, including multimedia presentations, online inventories, hands-on activities, class discussions, and small group work.
One of the most successful features of the T’NT program is its ability to expand a student’s horizons, expectations, and community connections by inviting local businesses and community members into the classroom to share their personal and professional knowledge with the students.
During the 2021/2022 school year, the following outcomes were reported:
- 89% of students increased their knowledge of independent living options;
- 87% of students participated in mock interviews;
- 85% of students increased their knowledge of post-secondary education and training opportunities;
- 93% of students indicated a desire for future employment either during or post-high school.
Meet State & Federal Regulations
T’NT is uniquely designed to meet the needs and fulfill the state and/or federal requirements of a variety of audiences.
- T’NT helps public schools ensure they are successfully meeting both
Indicator 13 and Transition Plan requirements as set forth in the
- T’NT helps Centers for Independent Living (CILs) ensure they are meeting the Transition Core requirements
T'NT Curriculum Bundle
Teacher Manual, 10 Student Portfolios, and 1 Flash Drive featuring Lesson Plans, PowerPoint Presentations, Instructor Resources and Student Handouts
*If you have purchasing or pricing questions, please call or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or 779-221-2354.